Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sink and Float - Baby Style

Oh, How I love Montessori!

Just this afternoon my 17 month old finished his lunch, took his plate to the counter. Went and got himself a bamboo mat, 2 plastic Trays, the towel from the refrigerator, the large measuring cup from the big boys measuring tray, and the sink and float drawer. Now mind you, these materials are all in 3 separate rooms. I watched with such delight trying desperately not to let out a belly laugh!

He proceeded to take his clothes off (to the point he could) and I asked him, "Do you want to do sink and float?" He smiled from ear to ear and said, "vrah". Of course I quickly dodged up the stairs got a large towel, moved the proper materials to it, gave him a pitcher of water and he is having such a good ole time!

Guess this means that I now need to keep the sink and float materials together in an area for him to do....

I bet if I would have let him go he would have pulled a chair up to the sink and filled it up himself.....

Yes, yes I hear you loud and clear *nodding my head*.....next time I will continue not to get involved until he asks me....it is so true that the hardest thing a Montessori Educator can do is watch and observe.

Perhaps it is just our inner child who calls us so loudly to come out and play too....